The LESSCO Air Vapor Barrier Box Advantages
- The LESSCO Air Vapor Barrier Box is made of thicker and stronger polyethylene to resist cuts and tears during installation. The rigid construction also makes the LESSCO AVB Box easier to handle and install.
- The LESSCO Air Vapor Barrier Box has a unique hinged feature (Patented) that allows easy installation of virtually any standard electrical box. This allows the electrician to add just one item to his inventory instead of 4 additional airtight electrical boxes for airtight construction, taking up less space and helping to keep his inventory costs down.
- The LESSCO AVB Box is INSTALLED by the electrician and SEALED by the air sealing contractor.
- The LESSCO Air Vapor Barrier Box DOES NOT have to be installed “perfectly square” with the finished wall material, on the framing member, to insure an airtight installation.
- The LESSCO AVB Box protects the seal made around the wires. The electrician cannot destroy that seal while pulling on the wires during the finish wiring process.
- The LESSCO Air Vapor Barrier Box is sturdy and reinforced, making it capable of withstanding the pressure needed to make a complete seal with the air vapor barrier material.
- The LESSCO AVB Box allows inspection and verification of a complete seal with the air vapor barrier material BEFORE the wall is closed. The LESSCO AVB Box DOES NOT GAMBLE that the installation of finish wall materials will complete the seal with the interior air vapor barrier material.
- The LESSCO Air Vapor Barrier Box does not have a flange or air vapor barrier material in contact with the electrical box that can be destroyed by the drywallers’ router thus destroying the airtight integrity of the installation.
- If the LESSCO AVB Box is poorly installed or a mistake is made during installation and a leak is detected during a blower door test or by the homeowner during a cold, windy, winter day, the repair is QUICK, EASY and INEXPENSIVE.
- Remove the outlet/switch plate.
- Drill 3 – 1/4″ holes through the wall finish material next to & above & below the electrical box.
- Simply inject the LESSCO Air Vapor Barrier Box with foam (i.e. Great Stuff or Handi Foam) to seal the leak.
NOTE: THE ELECTRICAL BOX CANNOT BE FILLED WITH FOAM AS THIS CONSTITUTES A FIRE HAZARD AND IS AGAINST CODE
- Replace the outlet/ switch/fixture cover which also covers the 1/4″ hole.
Result: CUSTOMER COMPLAINT EASILY SOLVED!
- The “LESSCO Air Vapor Barrier Box Advantages” clearly make the cost of the LESSCO AVB Box a worthwhile, convenient and cost effective addition to any home building or remodeling projects!